Bee Friendly Frankfort, Bee Hive Hair-Do Contest, Bee Keeper, Bee Keeping, Bee Keeping School, Beekeepers Jam, Bees, Capital City Beekeepers Association, Capitol City Beekeepers, Capitol City Beekeepers Association
Each year, Kentucky State University holds a “bee school” to promote beekeeping in the Commonwealth. And each year, the Capital City Beekeepers join them in helping promote that endeavor right here in Frankfort. From the American Bee Federation Honey Princess visiting local area schools, and a host of activities and a plethora of restaurants and venues featuring bee and honey related items, you’ll find something for you to do all week! Come join the BUZZ…
Bee Friendly Frankfort 2016
• American Bee Federation Honey Princess to visit local area schools.
• Honey themed menu/bar items at select restaurants. See list below.
• Check out the awesome Bee Themed window displays at various
downtown merchants including (6) New Leash on Life, (7) Poor
Richards, (9) Old Capital Antiques
Saturday/Sunday, March 5-6
• KY Crafted Market 2016, Bee Hive Painting coordinated by Frankfort’s
Josephine Sculpture Park at the Lexington Convention Center 11 am – 4pm
Tues – Fri 1:00 – 6:00 pm
• Bee Somebody Display featuring bee art, gourds, & jewelry.
(14) Full Circle Studio & Gallery, 309 Shelby Street
Wednesday March 9
6 pm -10 pm Honey “enabled “ spirits tastings
(20) Bourbon On Main, 103 W. Main Street
Thursday March 10
6:30-7:30 pm Honey Princess Tabitha Mansker to speak on Bees: Why We
Need Them and What We Can Do To Help Them. Q & A to follow, appropriate
for all ages. Capital City Beekeepers will also bee available to answer questions
about starting beekeeping. (12) Paul Sawyier Public Library, 319 Wapping St.
6:30-8:30 pm The inaugural Honey Bee Trivia Night @ (20) Bourbon on Main, (sorry, no kiddos), 103 W. Main Street
Friday March 11
4:00-6:00 pm Children’s art activity (ages 6 & up): Honey Bee painting on
canvas ($20). Honey Princess to visit – 5 pm. (14) Full Circle Studio & Gallery,
309 Shelby Street, Jennifer Zingg (502) 682-9648.
5:00-7:00 pm Honey Themed Spirits/Mead Tasting (2) Capital Cellars,
227 W. Broadway St.
7 pm – 11 pm Beekeepers (and wanna be Beekeepers) Jam. Bring your
instrument, join us as we buzz together! (18) Buddy’s Pizza, 212 W. Broadway
8:00 pm Bee Hive Hair-Do Contest. Open to public, kids & adult
divisions—prizes. Registration on site at 7:30 pm. (18) Buddy’s Pizza, 212 W.
Broadway. No Fee.
Saturday March 12
8:00 am – 3:30 pm Bluegrass Beekeeping School, (8) Bradford Hall,
Kentucky State University, Registration 8 am, School (Beginners through Experienced)
9 am – 3:30 pm Registration w/ lunch : Adults $35, Children $15
8:30 am – 4:00 pm School/Student painted Bee Hives Silent Auction. You
do not need to be a beekeeper to enjoy one of these beautiful hives! They make
a great addition to any room or focal point in a garden. (8) Bradford Hall, KSU.
9:00 am – 4:00 pm Pollinator friendly plant and seed sale.
(8) Bradford Hall, KSU.
10:00 am – 4:30 pm Kids/Family pottery project ($5) (1) Broadway Clay,
223 W. Broadway
1:00 – 3:00 pm Kids Bee Art Project (free) (4) Completely Kentucky,
237 W. Broadway
(18) Buddy’s Pizza, 212 W Broadway St
(10) Gibby’s Deli, 212 W. Broadway St.
(2) Capital Cellars, 227 W. Broadway St
(3) Kentucky Coffee Tree Cafe, 235 W. Broadway St.
(17) Serafini, 243 W. Broadway St
(20) Bourbon On Main, 103 W. Main St.
(19) Rick’s White Light Diner, 114 Bridge St
(5) La Fiesta Grande, 334 St. Clair St
Sage Garden Cafe @ Wilson’s Nursery
3690 East-West Connector Rd.