Eighteen other Buffalo Trace whiskies also honored
FRANKFORT, FRANKLIN COUNTY, KY (Sept. 11, 2018) – Nineteen Buffalo Trace Distillery spirits were awarded medals at the 2018 International Wine & Spirits Competition, including W.L. Weller 12 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, which received the Bourbon Trophy. The Bourbon Trophy is awarded to the best bourbon that is submitted in this international competition.
Buffalo Trace Distillery spirits awarded “Gold Outstanding” include:
- George T. Stagg Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- W.L. Weller 12 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- William Larue Weller Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
11 of the 19 Buffalo Trace Distillery spirits recognized received “Silver Outstanding” medals which are awarded based upon the highest scores within each category.
Buffalo Trace Distillery spirits awarded “Silver Outstanding” include:
- Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Eagle Rare 17 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Col. E. H. Taylor, Jr. Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Col. E. H. Taylor, Jr, Small Batch Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Stagg Jr. Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Sazerac Rye 6 Year Old Whiskey
- W.L. Weller Special Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Old Weller Antique 107 Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey
- Blanton’s Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Those awarded Silver include:
- Pappy Van Winkle 20 Year Old Family Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Col. E. H. Taylor, Jr. Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey
- Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Benchmark Old No. 8 Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Wheatley Vodka
“We are excited by our placements at the IWSC,” said Master Distiller Harlen Wheatley. “The judging for this competition is very rigorous, so we feel very proud of these results.”
The International Wine and Spirit Competition was founded in 1969 and is the premier competition of its kind in the world. Its aim is to promote the quality and excellence of the world’s best wines, spirits and liqueurs.
All entries are first blind tasted in groups divided by variety, region and vintage as necessary, by professional expert judges (by glass, not bottle) and then the top products are sent for detailed chemical and microbiological analysis. This analysis is crucial as in some instances the results of this analysis may lead to marks being deducted or even outright rejection.
Learn more at https://www.iwsc.net/.
About Buffalo Trace Distillery
Buffalo Trace Distillery is an American family-owned company based in Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky. The Distillery’s rich tradition dates back to 1773 and includes such legends as E.H. Taylor, Jr., George T. Stagg, Albert B. Blanton, Orville Schupp, and Elmer T. Lee. Buffalo Trace Distillery is a fully operational Distillery producing bourbon, rye and vodka on site and is a National Historic Landmark as well as is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Distillery has won 21 distillery titles since 2000 from such notable publications as Whisky Magazine, Whisky Advocate Magazine and Wine Enthusiast Magazine. Its Col. E. H. Taylor, Jr. Four Grain Bourbon was named World Whiskey of the Year by “Jim Murray’s Whiskey Bible 2018.” Buffalo Trace Distillery has also garnered more than 500 awards for its wide range of premium whiskies. To learn more about Buffalo Trace Distillery visit www.buffalotracedistillery.com. To download images from Buffalo Trace Distillery visit http://www.buffalotracedistillery.com/media