Candlelight Traditions, Food For Thought, Food for Thought: "White Christmas" with Heather French Henry, Heather French-Henry, Irving Berlin's "White Christmas", Kentucky Historical Society, Rosemary Clooney, Santa, Saturday with Santa, The Candlelight Tradition, White Christmas
If you’re “dreaming of a White Christmas,” join us this holiday season to see costumes, props and other items associated with the movie “White Christmas” like you’ve never before seen them.
The Kentucky Historical Society has built this special holiday exhibit around items from the Rosemary Clooney House in Augusta, Kentucky.
Immerse yourself in this timeless classic. Hear the stories behind the objects. You can even test your “White Christmas” knowledge and perform your own “Sisters” number.
Join us to celebrate Rosemary Clooney and the connections the “girl singer” made for countless of people to her home state of Kentucky.
* Come Anytime or Plan Your Visit around These Events *
- Nov. 5: Candlelight Tradition, 5-9 p.m. Opening night. At 7 p.m., Rosemary Cundiff Brown will perform “Remembering Rosemary,” a tribute in song and words to Rosemary Clooney.
- Dec. 5: Saturday with Santa, 1-4 p.m.
- Dec. 9: Food for Thought with Heather French Henry (separate pricing applies). Noon. Steve and Heather French Henry are founders of the Rosemary Clooney House, which holds the largest collection of “White Christmas” memorabilia in the world. Join her for a special tour of the exhibit.
- Dec. 13: Matinee screening of “White Christmas” – the movie – at the Grand Theatre, 1:30 p.m. $5 at the box office; get a $1 off coupon at KHS.
- Dec. 13 and Dec. 20: Special Sunday viewing hours, 1 to 5 p.m.
- Dec. 28: Special Monday viewing hours, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Exhibit Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Special Sunday Viewing Hours:Dec. 13 and Dec. 20, 1 to 5 p.m.
Special Monday Viewing Hours: Dec. 28, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
KHS will be closed Thanksgiving Day, Dec. 24-27, and New Year’s Day.
The exhibit closes Jan. 30.
$12 for adults | $11 for veterans | $8 for kids | $6 for KHS members
(All prices include the entire KHS campus.)